Quickly and Easily Satisfy Your Attorneys’ Elimination of Bias MCLE Requirements.
There is little legal recourse for victims of bias in hiring because they almost never know or find out why they weren’t hired. It is therefore imperative that all of the people who are involved in the hiring process be keenly aware of where bias comes from and what specific steps to take to eliminate it. Not only is it the right thing to do, in today’s ever increasing competitive landscape, hiring the right people and avoiding bias can be the difference between struggling and succeeding as an organization.
This program will inform attendees about the sources of bias in the hiring process and help organizations identify specific steps they can take to eliminate it.
Eliminate bias by addressing these key points:
- The single most common bias that impacts the decision to hire.
- A two-step process that will reduce bias when reviewing resumes from applicants.
- Examples of how organizations changed their hiring processes and unintentionally increased the gender and racial diversity of their workforce
- It is often isn’t enough to get organizations to agree that increasing diversity is an important goal; you need to make specific changes in how you hire.
- Some of the most persistent biases in legal hiring are unconscious.
This program has been presented at various Bar Associations and legal organizations including the following:
- Santa Clarita Valley Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society , the alumni Society of BYU Law School
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, MCLE Extravaganza
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- National Telecommunications Cooperative Association
Gideon Grunfeld started his career as a human resources executive. He has been involved in many hundreds of hiring decisions, in and outside law firms. This presentation is based on real life experiences and current research findings regarding what drives and creates bias in well-meaning people. Gideon has spoken to more than 5,000 lawyers and is a member of the National Speakers Association.
This program qualifies for 1.0 hours of MCLE credit for Elimination of Bias.
To find out how this presentation can be customized to fit the specific needs of you organization, call 310.734.6073 or email Gideon directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.