Get Paid What You Are Worth: How to Set and Raise Your Fee
One of the fastest ways for lawyers to increase revenue is to increase fees for new clients.
But too many lawyers have no strategy for deciding what fee to charge and how to communicate it to clients. They determine fees arbitrarily, and in the process leave thousands of dollars on the table.
There is a better way. Whether you charge an hourly rate or collect an upfront lump sum, this program will show you how to determine the best fees for your services, and how to communicate them to potential clients.
Specifically, attendees will learn:
- Why reducing your hourly rates is rarely the right thing to do.
- How to avoid the two most common mistakes when they setting contingency fees.
- Which alternative billing practices might be right for your specific practice.
- Incorporate psychological breakpoints into your fees?
- The single best way to ensure that you will be able to raise your fees in the future?
- Comply with the relevant ethical rules in California regarding fee setting.
- Answer the question, “What do you charge?”
This presentation can be anywhere from 1 hour to half a day.
*Obtain 1.0 hours CLE credit for legal ethics, when you combine this presentation with the ethical fee setting speech.
To find out how Gideon can customize this presentation for your organization, call 310.734.6073 or email email@example.com